MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION AND SECRETARIAT
Doç. Dr. Hür Hassoy
Öğr. Gör. Ayşe SÖNMEZ
Student enrollment to the program began in 1996. It provides education as formal learning. The aim of the program is to train qualified personnel to keep records, filing and archive system related to patients in health institutions, to organize the findings obtained from scientific researches and to store statistical results, to report and to carry out official correspondence.
Branch courses are available such as Health Records Systems, Public Relations, Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Health Administration, Pharmacology, Computer Applications, Statistics, Medical Documentation and Archives, Clerical Technical and Office Applications, Medical Librarianship, Cancer Registry Principle.
Application Areas Education Facilities and Programs:
Training opportunities are available in Ege University Medical Faculty Hospital, Faculty of Dentistry and in units providing health care services.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates:
Our students can work in all institutions and the health care clinics, outpatient clinics, laboratories, operating rooms, a forensic report unit near medical units, such as emergency services, disability medical board unit, report writing unit, patients receiving unit, archives and filing unit, administrative units also can work as a medical secretary with the Health Technician title.
Access to Degree Program:
In accordance with relevant regulations of the Board of Higher Education Management, Health Administration, Health Care Management and Health Institutions Management made the transition to the vertical section.
1. To know what records are required to be kept in health institutions and to know and apply the systems and forms used for this purpose.
2. To compile the data gathered in health institutions and analyze them by using scientific techniques and biostatistics science, to acquire the knowledge and skills of calculating and interpreting basic rates used in health institutions providing primary care and inpatient services.
3. To be able to archive the records kept in health institutions, the filled documents and forms with the latest techniques and to apply this information.
4. To know basic concepts about epidemiology and applications related to these concepts and to apply them in their profession.
5. To know the basic principles of organization and management of health services, organization of public and private hospitals, management and supervision, and those of health legislation.
6. To be able to know communication techniques, correspondence rules and formats and to apply them using up-to-date technologies.
7. To know basic theoretical knowledge and terminology of diseases in basic medical disciplines such as internal diseases, surgery, child health, women's health.
8. Protecting from diseases and knowing the most common chronic diseases in healthcare institutions in the country.
9. To know universal ethics and moral principles and to practice profession in accordance with these principles.
10. To know the concept of patient rights and to apply them while performing their profession.
11. To have an individual awareness by developing oneself in social and cultural sense.