Medical Documentation and Secretariat
MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION AND SECRETARIAT
Assoc. Dr. Hur Hassoy
Murat TUNÇER - firstname.lastname@example.org
Student admission to the program started in 1996. It provides education as formal education. The aim of the program is to train qualified personnel to keep the records, filing and archive systems of patients in health institutions, to organize the findings obtained from scientific research and to store statistical results, to carry out reporting and official correspondence.
There are branch courses such as Health Record Systems, Public Relations, Epidemiology of Chronic Diseases, Health Management, Pharmacology, Computer Applications, Statistics, Medical Documentation and Archive, Correspondence Techniques and Office Applications, Medical Librarianship, Cancer Registration Principles and Methods.
Training Application Areas and Program Opportunities:
Ege University has the opportunity to practice in units that provide health services such as Faculty of Medicine Hospital and Faculty of Dentistry.
Employment Profiles of Graduates:
In all institutions and organizations where health services are provided, our students serve as Medical Secretary in medical units such as clinics, polyclinics, laboratories, operating rooms, and emergency services, as well as in administrative units such as forensic report unit, disability health board unit, report writing unit, patient admission unit, archive and filing unit. They can work with the title of Health Technician.
Transition to Higher Degree Programs:
In line with the relevant legislation of the Council of Higher Education, vertical transfer can be made to the departments of Business Administration, Health Administration, Health Institutions Management and Health Institutions Management.
1. To know what the records to be kept in health institutions are, to know and apply the systems and forms used for this purpose.
2. Gain the knowledge and skills of compiling and analyzing the data collected in health institutions using scientific techniques and biostatistics, calculating and interpreting the basic rates used in health institutions providing primary care and inpatient treatment.
3. To know the archiving of records, filled documents and forms in health institutions with current techniques and to be able to apply this information.
4. To know the basic concepts of epidemiology and the applications related to these concepts and to be able to apply them in their profession.
5. Knows the organization and management of health services, the basic principles of public and private hospital organization, management and supervision, and the relevant ones of health legislation.
6. To know communication techniques, correspondence rules and formats and to be able to apply them using current technologies.
7. Knows the basic theoretical knowledge and terminology related to diseases in basic medical disciplines such as internal medicine, surgery, child health, and women's health.
8. Knows the prevention of diseases and the situation in our country of the chronic diseases that will be encountered most frequently in health institutions.
9. To know universal professional ethics and moral principles and to be able to carry out their profession in accordance with these principles.
10. Knows the concept of patient rights and can apply them while practicing their profession.
11. To be able to develop self-awareness by developing oneself socially and culturally.
Information for Prospective Students
a. Conditions for the optional foreign language preparatory class:
We do not have an optional foreign language preparatory class.
b. Conditions regarding internship, education model (how many semesters are applied in a year, practical training in sectors and enterprises, etc.), industry-based education internship, how applied education is carried out and whether internships can be done outside the province where the relevant higher education institution is located:
The program is an associate degree program in which two-year, four-semester education is given. The courses are given theoretically and practically.
Students take their practical lessons at Ege University Medical Faculty Hospital. Summer internship is 20 working days and is compulsory. For summer internships, students can also perform outside of İzmir, but it is the student's responsibility to provide the preliminary application and institution communication regarding the internship place. The approval of the program advisor is required for the official process to start.
c. Conditions regarding clothing and equipment materials required by the profession:
During the clinical internships of the applied courses, the students pay attention to the dress code and hairstyle as approved by the hospital.
d. Expenses of consumables, tools and equipment to be used in course applications, conditions regarding tuition expenses in return for exams, materials and education and training services:
Cost of consumables, tools and equipment to be used in course applications and tuition expenses are not requested from the students in return for exams, materials and education and training services.
e. The content of the program, the conditions of the campus/premises where the faculty, college and vocational school are located:
The content of the program is related to the conditions of the campus/premises where the vocational school is located.